Tuesday, January 4, 2011

No Snowy Owl - yet!

Two days of scouring the Marsh has not yet yielded any snowy owl sightings. I've also learned that the Short-Eared Owl resides in the marsh and it has moved to number two on the target list.  The rangers in the NWR side where helpful in providing me some more spots to look, but as of yet have not turned anything up.  I always love the stories like I heard yesterday mourning "Oh, if you are looking for Snowy Owls you should have been here two years ago, when I saw one every day, both to and from work, right on Hwy 49." Very helpful!  I continue to spot large numbers of rough-legged hawks (10-12) and a few Kestrels and Red-tailed hawks.  I even saw a Great Blue Heron still hanging around on old dike road by the open water.


For now I will continue to post pictures from this past year until I get something worthy of a 2011 posting.

Least Bittern on 3 mile loop.

Yellow Headed Black Bird on Old Marsh Road

Red-Headed Duck

No comments:

Post a Comment